Active Spines Chiropractic in Bellevue specializes in treating auto accident and personal injury care in Bellevue, WA. Life is stressful enough. Getting into a car accident is the last thing everyone wants. It is not fun. It will give you more stress since you have to deal with the insurance company, get your car repaired, settle the car accident claim and seek medical attention. There are lots of things that need to be taking care of, but there is not much time left from your busy life. You will get stressed out with these little things. you feel not only miserable but also suffering aches and pains. So what should you do next?
The good news is that chiropractic care might be able to help you! Do I need to see the doctor if I am not bleeding, if I do not have any life threatening conditions, broken bones, cuts or bruises? Yes! You should definitely have a check up by a chiropractic doctor who is specialized in treating ligametous musculo-skeletal injuries (soft tissue injuries, aches and pains). Un-diagnosed or untreated post motor vehicle injuries tend to lead to future chronic aches and pains. Study shows even 40% of patients whom have under gone treatment develop chronic long term problems such as neck or back pain. Therefore even though you only feel slight discomfort over your neck or back, you should still get checked out by a chiropractor.
Neck pain after car accident? You might have whiplash injury. Study have shown that a trauma to the cervical spine may accelerate normal age related deterioration of the discs. The cervical intervertebral discs may be at risk for injury during whiplash because of excessive disc strain. In the previous studies, the most common site of disc injury was C5-C6. During a rear ended impact, even at low speed, your spine undergoes deformation during the early part of whiplash acceleration . This happens before your neck muscles start to contract and protect your neck. As a result your neck and/or back joint get jammed and sprain. This will not only damage the joint, capsule, but cause early degeneration of cervical disc. Therefore it is imperative to see a doctor who is familiar with treating post auto accident injuries.
Area of concerns and injuries after automobile accident:
- wrist (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- shoulder (rotator cuff injuries)
- neck (whiplash)
- upper back/lower back
- foot (fallen arch syndrome)
A detail chiropractic, orthopedic and neurological exam will be done for the first visit. We also have onsite x-ray for diagnostic imaging study especially for the cervical region. We use multidisciplinary treatment protocols for whiplash related injuries such as chiropractic care, massage, traction, heat or cold therapy, manual therapy, exercise therapy for the neck, shoulder, knee and back. Massage therapy is very effective in helping your body recovering from car accident injuries. Our massage therapists are specialized in medical therapeutic massage.
Besides comprehensive chiropractic, sports exercise therapy and massage therapy treatment in our clinic. We also coordinate care with other health care providers during your treatment. We work closely with your family doctor, acupuncturist, sports therapist, physiatrist, neurologist, and radiologist to name a few. Multi-specialty care will make sure that you have a speedy recovery without surprises. Delaying check up or treatment after car accident can lead to long term problems. I am sure that you want to stay active and healthy. Call our car accident injury treatment hotline at (425) 818-0086 for a free consultation. We are here to answer your questions and help you get back to your normal life!
Your first visit in general:
A detailed history of your car accident bodily injuries or personal injury will be taken. We have to ensure the mechanism of the injuries correlate your clinical presentation and findings. Most likely diagnostic imaging such as x-ray for your neck and back will be done in the office. Mild gentle care will also be provided on the first visit such as ice therapy and gentle chiropractic care to relief pain. Seeking medical care is also recommended for pain control. Usually your medical doctor will prescribe pain killer, anti-inflammatory and/or muscle relaxant.
What we provide in the clinic:
- Sports medicine chiropractic care: a combination of athletic training with chiropractic treatment.
- On site massage therapy: medical, therapeutic, deep tissue, Swedish and lymphatic massages
- Diagnostic imaging x-ray.
- Myovision DynaRom Motion sEMG: DynaROM is a functional test that measures muscle guarding and range of motion at the same time as the patient moves. By moving the patient, we effectively elicit measurable pain responses and guarding when soft tissue injury is present.
- In office exercise therapy for your neck and back to strengthen your muscles.
- Custom made orthotics (inserts) for your feet.
Why we are not your average clinic:
- Advanced training in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of personal injury and auto accident related injuries.
- Experienced in effective communication with insurance companies and attorneys.
- Highly recommended by attorneys in the Puget Sound area.
- Detailed documentation of your injuries, which present your case accurately for compensation.
- Referral network with local medical doctors for comprehensive care.
- Pettersson K, Hildingsson C, Toolanen G, et al. Spine, 1997 Disc Pathology After Whiplash Injury; 22(3):283-288
- Panjabi M, Ito S, Pearson A, et al. Spine 2004 Injury Mechanisms of the Cervical Intervetebral Disc During Stimulated Whiplash; 29(11):1217-1225.
- Tencer A, Mirza S, Bensel K. Spine 2001 Response of Human Volunteers to Rear-End Impacts; 26(22):2432-2442. November 15, 2001